Thursday 11 December 2014

A Magic Potion To Dispel All Inner Darkness


















I wish I could bottle this shining Portuguese light .....and sip it every day.... a magic potion to  dispel all inner darkness.


This morning, in a steamed up cafe, I cried a bit into my hot chocolate while my sister listened to me, helped me unravel the mysteries and dramas of my harsh inner critic. Sharing half an almond chocolate brownie, half a lime polenta cake, both sweet and light, helped a lot too.

   I woke up just now with the knobbly imprint of my husband's thick knitted jumper on my cheek - didn't realise I'd dozed off, curled against his chest while he frowned at the mysteries and dramas of the TV news......so I know it's time to turn in. And follow the advice of a friend who has a note to herself stuck on her wall - 

GO TO BED ON THE SAME DAY YOU WAKE UP.




No comments:

Post a Comment