Tuesday 11 November 2014

Highest Good






















Apart from this date palm, these are all the familiar flowers - bougainvillea, morning glory, hibiscus, osteospermum -  that I grew up with in Africa which is probably why I love spending time in the Algarve.

Apart from early morning stress about men on the plastic roof searching for the source of the leaks - probably the crumbling pointing in the house wall not the roof at all - I've  had a lovely day - felt almost normal.
 Laughed and cried with two dear women over spicy pumpkin soup and lemon scented rice salad, dug my hand into a big box of popcorn in the dark of the cinema with my sister who treated me to a late birthday supper -  delicious sea bass fillets  Provencale at Cafe Rouge.

And for most of that time I unhooked my husband from the loop of my worry beads and entrusted him to the tasks of his day - taking the car to be serviced, walking back from town (getting lost but still getting home), driving to his last ceramics class on Dartmoor, making his own cheese on toast supper.

 Letting him breathe without me. Washing my brain with All Is  Well....that everything is for the Highest Good- absolutely everything.















No comments:

Post a Comment