Wednesday 22 October 2014

Leaf Falls and Too Many Tins of Tomatoes



Leaf falls into quiet river
and rests a moment
buoyant
till a passing current
shoos it on its way
into a wide
uncertain
fate
far from its tall
  home
in the air.


For some reason I keep buying tins of chopped tomatoes. I get home from Aldi to find a row of them at the back of the cupboard. I add the two cans I bought to the stack.  Every time I make a list I put tinned tomatoes on it even though I don't have a recipe in mind to use them, as all summer I've been using fresh ones from the farmers' market. 

Maybe it's the thought of  the clocks changing on Saturday and the official end of the warmth, the light, that makes me want to stock up. ....makes me forgetful..... makes me want to hibernate.

I think I'll make Tomato and Mozzarella pizzas on Sunday for our visitors. 





No comments:

Post a Comment