Friday 10 October 2014

Laughing Into The Wind

This afternoon my husband and I walk along a few miles of the Tiverton Canal starting at the little village of Samford Peverell........








































Bursting bullrush.....























The sky tonight.....


viewed from our back garden.


Sunset supper....well, part of it...... using up all those soft tomatoes in paper bags at the back of the fridge that I forgot about, and roasting them with garlic and the last of the going-brown-at-the-edges basil from the garden.

Today I laughed  - quite a few times - enough for me to notice.....notice that it's unusual.....notice that it's rare.....my face more often serious....frowning.....distracted....

I laughed in the dentist's chair - when he was telling me a story about buying presents for his 12 year old nieces in New Look.....
I laughed at my friend's house later on when I told her how I didn't notice I'd put the protective dark glasses that the dentist gave me to wear, on my knee instead of on my face....and we carried on talking till he finally said gently - 
If you put the glasses on I can start on your teeth..

I laughed when we were walking by the canal....I was telling my husband about Roger Bannnister and the 4 minute mile....and that you could run a mile in 4 minutes.....

Unless you are 62 with a dodgy hip, like me.

And he said,

Or 61 with a dodgy brain like me.....

I laughed tonight talking to my friend on the phone when she was telling my about going to a lecture about the unconscious life of plants and an experiment on playing music to begonias  and hearing them sing....

Maybe you had to be there... for all of it.....but it was good to laugh today.....like a bullrush bursting its fluff into the wind....light, gentle, clean....and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment