Wednesday 24 September 2014

Stuff About My Ordinary Day



New York pavement October 2010


Tiffany glass,  MoMA, New York


 Copley Square, Boston


Boston by the  Charles River


 Maple leaves in the Glass Flower Collection at Harvard Museum of Natural history


Portland, Maine


Sturbridge, Massachusetts

Stuff about my day - my ordinary day....

 My sister and her husband are in Boulder City USA so this morning I pick cucumbers, borlotti beans, raspberries, lettuces, kale and sweet peas in their Somerset garden in the September sunshine. I don't notice the sheep resting under the apple trees in the field next door till they start chomping on the grass.

 I call in for a lovely restorative cup of coffee with a friend. At the traffic lights on the A30 I listen to a message from my brother who is about to leave his home in Holland to go and live in Fiji. I pull off the road near Exeter airport and call him back to say goodbye before he catches his train.....to start a whole new life in his spiritual community there.

I receive a response to my difficult to write letter which leaves me relieved  - my faith renewed in the goodness of people...

My husband sleeps long into the afternoon after his morning sketching at the Museum Project. So I eat my egg salad lunch at 3pm without him and pour over the figures for the quote to have our chimney and roof repaired.

Later I drive over to see a friend and he reassures me it's a good quote.  I feel so supported by these friends - these lovely men who know stuff that I don't....I'm just worried about how much it's going to cost...now that our money is finite.

I talk to my big sister on the phone and she tells me our aunt and uncle - in their nineties -  have both had falls and are confined to their flat...she and her family will visit them in Leeds on Saturday  - my niece has recently been in China and visited our grandfather's ( my father's father) grave in Hong Kong and she wants to tell them the story....while there is still time.

The heating is on now to get the washing dry ( still no washing machine).....I'm getting ready to go away.... I wish it was to New York and Boston but we are going to the Wye Valley and the Forest of Dean for a week instead, staying in a cottage at The House of Bread in Symmonds Yat......to mark our 28th wedding anniversary. It's about 20 years ago we were last there...I'm not expecting my husband to remember any of it.

So I'm taking a  little blogging break.....back in October.







No comments:

Post a Comment