Friday 19 September 2014

NO To Independence






 This morning we wake to the cracks of thunder and heavy rain. And the news that Scotland has voted NO to independence.

 About this time last year we were visiting our friends who live near Aberdeen - photos from that lovely holiday we spent with them. 

Tonight I'm in that place beyond tiredness....I've been shopping and cooking and worrying all day...making a hundred tiny decisions every hour which all add up to being knackered. I forget about being powerful concentrating on chopping onions and zesting oranges and weighing flour - my mind always ahead of myself and stressing about the next thing. I'm making lunch, including a carrot and coriander tart,  to take to my husband's family in South London tomorrow. I want to make a gluten -free cake to take to the friends we are staying the night with but I run out of time and zest.....but I know they'll understand.

Now I must go and close the windows as the rain is coming in on the wind....




No comments:

Post a Comment