Thursday 31 July 2014

Making Me Happy



Tomatoes and beans I bought in the organic farmers' market this morning....


 and yellow peppers and courgettes -  my husband grew the green stripy one at the allotment.


The yellow and red and orange theme took me into my photo albums.....


to this rain daisy(?) in Somerset....


to these African Marigolds in Auckland, NZ...





to these red hot pokers in Cromwell, NZ...




to these tomatoes in my friend's green house in Scotland...


 and to this orange hulled ship in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Recently a friend sent me a quote ...

Do one thing every day that makes you happy.


It made me happy just now choosing these photos and all the memories of the places and times and the dear people attached to them....

It made me happy this morning hearing my husband's lovely Age UK be-friender say with delight,

Oh, he's so cute,

when she saw the little ceramic dog he's made her.  I think so too.

It made me happy when I stuffed my juicer with huge bunches of Russian kale and spinach - abundant surplus from my sister's garden -  and with lemons and ginger, celery and carrots, apples and cucumber whizzing up a pungent green juice for lunch.....while my husband ate lunch ( not a smoothie) with my brother in law in a gastro pub. 

It  made me happy this evening sitting in our Deeksha meditation circle  - remembering to pour some love into my long neglected inner child.... and to feel the relief of having a place to start my healing journey.

And it made me very happy afterwards to taste a slice of fabulous light and moist Coconut and Date birthday cake ...the very talented cake-maker friend gave me the recipe -  which I discover I already have in my old Cranks Cookery book -  which although I've had for many years (the pages all splattered and falling out) I've never made this particular cake..... 

something to do on another day which I know will make me happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment