Monday 16 June 2014

Not Sure What I'm Eating



SATURDAY

The SW coastal path from Crackington Haven in North Cornwall where we walked on the second hottest day of the year.



The view from the summit totally worth the steep climb.





Foxgloves everywhere...




My husband surprised me...overcoming his usual 'only a short walk' stricture by leading us right to the furthest point of the cliff top, up and down the steepest path for  well over an hour and a half.....


with this elder growing by the stream we crossed -  flowering above us ....


and this small wild beauty in the grass beneath our feet.

SUNDAY

Lovely fishy lunch with my husband's aunty in her beautiful cottage garden....



delphiniums blue...


peony pink....


and calendula yellow.


TODAY

The sun hides behind a thick covering of cloud - late afternoon we walk through the peaceful gallery of trees at Killlerton House.....  tender new beech cob nuts .....


a fluttering of proud white star flowers.... forgotten what they're called.....




and a tawny purple maple which always make me think of autumn.

This is Robert Holden's thought for the day....

Shift Happens!

Daily Inspiration 16 June 2014

My friend Louise Hay says,
"How you start your day is how you live your day."
She also says,
"How you live your day is how you live your life."
Food for thought!


Today I started my day by loading the washing machine and then sitting with cup of hot lemon in a cloud of perfumed incense smoke listening to a visualisation recorded especially for me by a friend.....imagining I'm wearing a shining iridescent cloak of gossamer light - a cloak of hope and possibility. My day is wall to wall again... but calm.

Yesterday, I started my day, even before I boiled the kettle, by scrubbing at the grubby marks( probably splashed food)  on the pale mustard-yellow cushions of the sofa with Vanish Stain Remover.
Later, I lost it with my husband - got angry, tight tense, shouty, when he got confused about the time we were supposed to leave the house and I was afraid we would be late for lunch.....and hated myself ....and did lots of forgiving/loving - myself and him - in the car afterwards ....

Definitely food for thought..... but not sure what I'm eating....


No comments:

Post a Comment