Thursday 12 June 2014

My Wall to Wall Day



Summer lunch to share  - the last of the asparagus from the allotment - grilled and tossed with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, avocados and Kalamata olives....




garnished with hardboiled eggs,walnuts, toasted pumpkin seeds and as much heavenly NZ lemon oil as I dare.



Hanging basket begonia,


and pelargonium on the patio this evening - still scorching hot at 6pm.

Hot hot hot today - 32 degrees in the car - the steering wheel too hot to touch when I drive home from lunch with two glorious women, sitting on a shady terrace surrounded with deep pink and red and apricot begonias, carnations, geraniums - we could be in the Mediterranean.

My day is wall to wall - you couldn't slip a playing card between the bricks of my hours - each one full and planned and cascading into the next.....
 Early morning yoga and rushed meditation.... boil the eggs for lunch....fruit breakfast with husband...visit the dentist to ask about  ESA form for  husband ... the building society to get a cheque to pay for my computer..... the farmers market which is cancelled......  so  walk to another organic shop  at end of town for bread and spinach....... Edinburgh Woollen Mill for a cotton shirt for my brother's birthday........ back home to make asparagus salad and leave a plate of lunch for my husband......nourishing terrace time with lovely women.......back home to collect husband and drive to Sidmouth for EFT session with helpful intuitive healer.
 Husband in negative place - doesn't want to walk by the sea after the session or even have an ice cream. Back home  - water hanging baskets..... get the washing in..... answer emails. Worry about husband withdrawing and getting isolated ....feel overwhelmed with hopelessness. Leave him in bed....drive to  Deeksha Meditation....embraced by circle of loving, caring friends ....music and late sunshine...fresh mint tea and flapjack. Back home husband makes supper - poached egg on toast and smoked salmon and I watch The Good Wife on TV while he plays Solitare upstairs on my iPad.

And now it's late late late and I was going to go to bed early.....breaking habits is hard hard hard - but not impossible. Thank goodness I have another chance tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment