Friday 13 June 2014

End Of A Long Hot Day




If onions bolt before they are round and heavy, best to pick them and use the whole thing, green hollow stems as well - like a young leek.




I pulled these at the allotment this morning in the sweltering heat while my husband stuck supporting bamboo canes into the runner bean bed.




They are the inspiration for supper...  






and these purple pak choi......




beetle-holed but still full of juicy cabbagy flavour.




Perfect with hot beetroot and a garlicky coriander salsa verde to go with the cod loin I found in the freezer for supper.

 I loved all the buzzing heat of summer today - it makes me feel alive.  But tonight, instead of writing this blog and staying up late, I'm going to love myself and treat myself like I would a tired 5 year old - very gently -  by having a long hot bath after my long hot day and going to bed even though the sky is still pearly light outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment