Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Oxygen Of My Day



Lake Tekapo, New Zealand

A few random moments from my day...

Running across the High Street in Honiton to meet and hug my friend....who I haven't seen for more than a year.

 Halting our conversation to watch two baby robins hopping around the metal legs of the chairs while we eat our toasted sandwiches in the garden of a sweet cafe.

Buying a very expensive fillet of new season wild trout in the fishmongers in the street near where my parents used to live....being flooded with memories of them....missing their presence.

Walking round a friend's wild and beautiful garden with a cup of Earl Grey tea, taking in deep gulps of lilac bloom perfume, precious as oxygen.

Planting the new trailing begonias in last year's hanging baskets, filling them up with our own compost, wishing my mother was here to tell me how many to put in and if they look OK....wondering why I do it when I find it so stressful.

Talking to my sister on the phone - remembering who I am.

Hugging my husband in the kitchen when he comes back from watering the seedlings at the allotment.....telling him he's such a gift to me - teaching me about myself....even though he doesn't believe me I know it's true.




No comments:

Post a Comment