Tuesday 15 April 2014

Talking For Two









Magnolia/ Acers in glorious spring sunshine at Dartington Hall gardens this afternoon.

So much talking today...... talking with our young clinical psychologist who teaches us a new Mindfulness meditation......white light in/black smoke out...

 talking with a dear friend while we share Homity pies and lentil pasties under the apple trees at Riverford Farm shop, a cold wind whisking the lettuce leaves off our plates......

talking and walking by the grass banks of the River Dart under a Mediterranean blue sky.....

talking and eating Bakewell tart with dear friends in their temporary caravan home while they wait for their belongings to arrive from NZ.

Talking and listening....talking and translating....

People say when you are pregnant you are eating for two. With my husband I'm talking for two.....my ears always on the look out for what words will trip him up, what needs a little clarity, what will bring him into the conversation, include him in the see-saw of  exchange when I see the confusion below his smile - know he's lost in the jungle of words with no meaning.....and then I'm distracted too - losing my thread with our friends....

Then I remember that love doesn't need translating....I just need to breathe it in......boundless as the sky - more than enough for two.....

No comments:

Post a Comment