Friday 17 January 2014

Trusting the Beauty in the Land





I've been to the hairdresser and the chiropodist. 
I've ironed my sarong.
I've bought my husband new sandals.
I've booked the Whale Watching trip in Kaikoura.
The fridge is echoey empty
just some grapes and some greens for tomorrow 
and heels of Parmesan cheese to freeze.

I haven't replied to my emails.
The No Jetlag homeopathic pills haven't arrived in the post.

My friend in New Zealand says it's cold and wet, blowing Arctic winds.
 It was 1degree C last night in the South Island where they live.
But she says bring a hat and suncream as well as a mac
and a spirit of hope.
At least an expectation for 30 degrees C 
which is more normal for February.

I've been advised to pack a large quantity of
patience and humour
to stay present to each ticking moment.

And I'm trusting the beauty in the land and the lakes
will calm my anxious heart.

Last blog for a whole month.....and probably a week or two to get over the jet lag....


1 comment: