Wednesday 15 January 2014

Photo Dieting/ Dental Serendipity/Coconut & Garlic Greens
















Nearly full moon and sun going down on our river walk at Otterton on Saturday.

 Last night a news flash on my laptop  - 

Your start -up disc is nearly full.....need to delete files...

It's the 11,000 photos that are stored on my computer, and which I add to every week, that are causing the problem. Our lovely Mr Fixit comes this afternoon and we make a start at making space....re-claiming Gigabites from the trash, from downloads, from music, from stuff I didn't even know I had.

It's another kind of de-cluttering  - deleting photos - realise I could take fewer or at least dump the rubbish ones before they ever get near my computer. But that means making decisions....my least favourite activity. The timing is perfect though - going to New Zealand with a camera for me is like living in a Patisserie in Paris - but this time on a budget.....will need to do some photo dieting....

More perfect timing today. I had a dental check-up appointment booked for this morning but I cancelled it yesterday - too much NZ stuff to do. Last night, while eating a plain salted crisp, I felt a piece of grit on my tongue - blamed the potato pickers - then felt the ragged edge of my back tooth and the sharp cavity where my filling had been. This morning I called the dentist and my appointment was still free.....so now I have a smooth filled tooth again.... dental serendipity.

On a foodie note - this is how I'm cooking leafy greens at the moment - inspired by a friend's recipe at New Year. Steam a big pan of chopped chard, Neroli cabbage, spinach, kale or purple sprouting broccoli then tip into a clean pan. Crush or finely chop several cloves of garlic, stir into the hot greens with a spoonful of coconut oil, heat till the oil melts and scrunch with sea salt and black pepper. Raw garlic -  great for our colds.  Coconut oil great for husband's brain.

(My friend used grated parmesan in place of the coconut oil - also delish if you are eating dairy.)



2 comments:

  1. Hope you had wonderful time, both? The photo through the dogwood or willow made me gasp out loud. Beautiful. You really should be selling packs of cards - I'd buy loads! Thanks too for the kale etc recipe - we eat a lot of it - and I do similarly but add a little grated ginger too (good for the circulation including to brain...) Roselle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Roselle I just found you here! Thank you for your enthusiasm for my photos - so encouraging. I took more than 800 in NZ and am still editing them - we had a wonderful time! Great ginger tip for greens thanks. X

    ReplyDelete