Wednesday 18 December 2013

Today



Today  -  the plumber is late.....I could have meditated/sent healing to Fukushima for four minutes while I wait for him but I shine the kitchen sink instead and re-arrange the things on my to-do list.

Today - I rush through the rain to sit with two lovely women in a quiet steamed-up cafe and receive my own healing in  their generous company - like I did yesterday in another cafe, perfumed with the aroma of baking chocolate cake.

Today - I open email after email from dear people in reply to our Christmas letters - I'm totally overwhelmed by the love and compassion and care in their response.

Today - I open another email from the  director of the company my husband used to work for....they overpaid him  and now we owe them money.....I notice I don't go into my usual panic mode.... just print off the letter and the figures - read it to my husband who says it means we may not need to pay so much tax.....

Today - I turn off the sound on TV and stand in front of my husband to shield him from seeing a man attacking a woman on the screen ( the actors playing Lord Lucan and his wife) because he is sliding off the sofa, his arms wrapped round his body, cringing in horror.

I wish I could protect him from the much worse horrors in his head......but maybe turning and facing my own worst fears would help him more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment