Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas Faffing



This Christmas feel like a mountain and I'm still faffing about in the foot hills....scrabbling around in the  undergrowth wondering if I'll ever make it half way...can't decide about the tree.....the one in the garden in a pot has grown too big and straggly.....I don't want to buy a cut one...the artificial ones I looked at are too big.......maybe I'll spray a branch with gold paint, hang baubles on it and call it a tree by any other name....and when will I do this - in the few days left which are already full to the brim?

So my resolution for next year is to start earlier so this last week before Christmas is just for lovely lunches with friends and going to concerts and making mince pies and faffing about with wrapping the presents instead of still wondering what to buy....and thinking it all means something..... 

I must remember to put this resolution into my diary for 2014 ( Note to self  - Buy a 2014 diary.)

3 comments:

  1. Mrs Sage and I used a branch pruned each year from an ever-increasing Leylandii for several years- until the darn thing got too big even for that- it did tend to drop resin, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -We just stuck it in a big pot and treated it as a tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Sages - you have inspired me - husband and I will go in search of large greenery!X

      Delete