Tuesday 19 November 2013

Comfort Zone



The moon this morning just after sunrise...



Making soup....



with two different squashes ....this one is my favourite... Crown Prince.


I wanted to give up blogging last night....writing too late....nothing to say really... except what feels like  complaining...feeling lost to myself....

Then I saw the moon over the garden this morning and wanted to capture it....and share it.

In the deep of the night we both woke up to a big noise....a bang ....almost like a gunshot...and later another smaller noise.... I thought it was outside.....and then sank back into sleep. 

As soon as I opened my eyes this morning I saw the meaning of the bang. The large beech framed mirror on the wall had slipped off its hook, crashed down behind the chest of drawers, scarring the front of the frame, gouging a long gash in the sea green wallpaper, skewering the wall socket out of its place, cracking the plaster round the edge.

The nails in the picture hook were broken in half. I wondered why now....why did the mirror fall at that moment when it has been up securely for ten years?

Maybe everything has its time to let go.

I loved being alone in the warmth of the kitchen this morning, winter sun streaming in, making two pots of spicy coconut squash soup for the ones I love....back in my comfort zone... snug as a seed in the centre of an orange fleshed squash........ being what I do best....


2 comments:

  1. The mirror slipping off the wall sounds so extraordinary - and so significant - and you describe it so well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear Belinda...some other meaning may yet occur to me - meanwhile I am mirror-less till I can put up a different hook! Tx

    ReplyDelete