Friday 23 August 2013

Upside Down




Upside down in South West France.


Another bombshell goes off in my world today ...... turning everything upside down..... an unexpected tax bill wiping out the next four months money we planned to live on.....and I also feel torpedoed by the reality of the slow relentless march of my husband's disease..... 

On the news tonight we watch reports about the bombs in the north and south of Lebanon. Later I read my niece's blog from Beirut - she says there was an incident in a nearby neighbourhood which turned out to be a false alarm....

But the bombs and the possibility of death and injury are real in her world, in her street, in Lebanon, in Syria, in Egypt, in Jordan.....in all those places where fear is wiping out peace.....

The fallout from the bombs in my world is only dangerous if I let fear rule everything and forget the purpose of Love....which I did today - forget. How lucky I am to have another chance......tomorrow.....to start by lifting my head and face what's in front of me, however scary, with Love behind me -  like a wall....




No comments:

Post a Comment