Wednesday 14 August 2013

Shit and Showers




I love the curving embrace of this bay at Beer where we were walking on the coastal path at the weekend.


Mauve clematis in the shade, poking over the fence of someone's garden.


Cobweb in evening sun in my hanging basket of begonias.


Random photos - it's been raining most of the day, cool and overcast....so gloomy in the kitchen I need to put the lights on. I even put the heating on for a little while to get the washing dry.

Started doing Morning Pages at 7.15 am - Julia Cameron's writing practise which she advocates for unblocking creativity/emotions in her wonderful book "The Artist's Way" also called stream of consciousness writing. Another version of taking a shower for the emotions. My hand aches after 3 scrawling A4 pages.

I felt churned up afterwards and wobbly about facing my day of dealing with our ongoing money saga - the tax return, the accounts, reading long financial reports, and trying to make decisions about investments and my husband disagreeing about it...

But in the end it's just about the next phone call, the next email, the next question to find an answer to.....one step at a time. And a dear friend, who has been though much worse, says on the phone,

'This is just one season of your life - the season of shit  - but you are stronger than you think and you will come through it. There is life on the other side once you start to accept this is how it is  now...'

I know she's right in my heart.....just need to keep taking those showers....and get used to some of those  squeaky noises my husband makes sometimes...like whistling to himself in mousetalk....






No comments:

Post a Comment