Monday 12 August 2013

Butterfly Family


On Sunday, the first anniversary of my nephew's wedding, we walk along the foot path following the canal at Tiverton.


A dog rose and its hips....already.....is summer ending so soon?




 A butterfly in the hedgerow.....the colour of rosehips and sunlight on the water....


and a splashing ducking family.


We meet this barge being pulled by a pale blue-eyed horse.....


the same barge that we travelled on with my father and all our family to celebrate his 90th birthday on a bright September day in 2009.


I remember that afternoon as clearly as if it was yesterday.


Back home I make supper with my husband's tomatoes from the allotment


and the gift of fat crisp green courgettes from my sister's garden....planning a recipe inspired by our Armenian cousins.......threading my family into my day, where ever they are in the world.....always with me.... precious as butterfly wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment