Friday 2 August 2013

Agapanthus Blues







I'm so thrilled that the Agapanthus plants we bought back from Madiera 2 years ago have finally flowered....I thought they were going to be blue though. They always remind me of my grandfather's garden in Knysna, South Africa. My uncle in Canada still has one of his original plants....a flower legacy across the world....

 My day has been relentless....partly getting ready for going to Surrey for the weekend, and for our visitors from Switzerland arriving next week....trying to  clean and tidy my dusty house in between shopping at Waitrose, getting one of my husband's paintings framed, making vanilla ice cream, and meeting up with a woman whose husband has dementia after several strokes  - he can't be left on his own. It makes me realise how lucky I am at the moment - how independent my husband is. At least he can still drive and doesn't get up in the night and turn on all the gas appliances in the house and then say it wasn't him....

 But I'm having a horrible time with my husband tonight....just horrible.....

So I'n chanting that wonderful Julian of Norwich saying,

All is well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

and trusting it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment