Wednesday 24 July 2013

Pomegranate Made Of Wood

 Our weekend away.....searching out water and green grass and shade in between our visits to dear family and friends.


 At a National Trust house - West Wycombe Park, Buckinghamshire...


across the lake........


keeping cool....




Pomegranates of wood.....art installation at The Vyne, 16th Century Tudor house near Basingstoke...


all green and watery on the lake there....


We had a Marks and Spencer's picnic under the welcome shade of this beech tree.....we pulled off the sweltering A303 in Hampshire and found this Shangri-La on a peaceful village green, a river running through it, lovers on a bench, families paddling, dogs chasing balls..... a lazy Sunday afternoon.

 And just for a few minutes, while my husband explored the church across the street, I lay back and looked up into the green cradle of this giant grandfather tree...... I forgot the jagged pieces of my life and heard the earth below my spine and tasted the timeless sky above me..... and felt smooth as a pomegranate......carved in wood.

2 comments: