Thursday 11 July 2013

Cake And Rose

Cake and roses  - two of my favourite things - even better together. And better to write about them than the bumpy journey I took today through a trail of our money papers....my sister holding my hand at each imagined chasm opening in front of me.



These light and sticky patisserie -  a speciality at an Armenian wedding we were invited to at a neighbour's house in the village where we were staying last month -  a traditional offering to the bride and groom - who stopped there on their way to the church...

  On Sunday, the Rose Scented Geranium Leaf cake which we ate on a picnic rug spread under the shade of a beautiful Tulip tree, my beautiful great niece sitting on my lap, squealing with delight at the squeaky animal noises my husband was making for her. ( The cake was tender and sweet but didn't taste of geranium  - maybe the bush I have is lemon scented and not rose scented...)


This rose in the sun on our patio - a gift from my husband a few years ago  - called Nostalgia. It is much cooler tonight and already I'm nostalgic for  last night's dripping furnace heat  - I somehow imagined it would last forever - like the beginning of a holiday....like a rose-tinted future...

No comments:

Post a Comment