Thursday 25 July 2013

Cake And Commitment








The Chocolate Banana and Walnut Cake I baked for two dear friends who nearly share late July birthdays.....which we ate with cups of tea and love after our Deeksha meditation tonight.

Based on Nigella Lawson's Banana Bread recipe but without the sultanas soaked in rum - raspberries instead -  and a Ganache icing from the Green and Black's Chocolate book - it looks very bitty in the photo - maybe the chocolate didn't melt enough but at the time I thought it was smooth and glossy....and thanks to my sister for her green leaf decoration tip ( lemon scented geranium leaves in this case). Everyone said it tasted good....

It's already late.... nearly midnight. When we were away my husband and I talked about this blog and he said how he missed us going to bed at the same time, like we used to, because I'm writing this. And I thought I must find a way to do it earlier in the day.....I made a resolution  - like I did about doing Mindfulness Meditation  - even 10 minutes a day  - AND I DON'T DO IT.

First thing is not to be horrible to myself about it ....second thing is to make it important....third thing is JFDI.
Going to bed now....notice I don't want to say...and tomorrow I'll do it earlier....and meditate too..............face to face with my commitment phobia now....OUCH.


No comments:

Post a Comment