Tuesday 4 June 2013

Decisions Decisions



Spotted in South West France last October


While my husband is being nourished by two dear friends from his support team, I share lunch in the garden with my sister. We sit on cushions on the step, our feet on the grass, clean blue sky above us, eating a big salty smoked mackerel and avocado salad. We are taking a break from our morning’s work - sorting out and ordering photos on my computer, booking a hotel room for when my husband and I go to Oxford in July for the Art In Action event, writing difficult emails, researching flights to Portugal.....each thing needing a decison. Making decisions has never been my strong point and I find them harder and harder now.... my sister has a wonderful way of making it all seem easier - and making things happen that could take me forever.

She is  also my DON’T PANIC sister. We have agreed that I can call her up when I’m about to go into melt down and ask her  - should I panic about this or not?  Usually not, but it’s always good to hear someone else say it when my head is blocked with what ifs....

Later her wonderful husband replaces the stuck water filter cartridge under the sink which requires persistance and experience as well as strength....

So today I feel totally blessed and buoyed up with all the love and support flowing around us.....

This evening I roast slabs of sweet potato in the oven, make a mushroom omlette with garlic prawns, poach asparagus tips with peas and warm up yesterday’s tomato sauce. My husband lays the round table and we eat our supper in the garden, our bare feet on the warm patio stone. We look up at the pale shining sky and say things like,

This time tomorrow we’ll be up there in a balloon.....looking down on fields and houses.

Spending my husband’s 60th birthday gift voucher from all the family - flying high above it all - a good decision.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to celebrate a 60th birthday - and perfect weather. A balloon flight is one of my unfulfilled ambitions. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd love it! Check out Aerosaurus Balloons Ltd...X

    ReplyDelete