Friday 10 May 2013

Close Up


10th May 2013

One of my lovely blog followers asked to see a photo of me. Hence the above. ( I was going to put it on my About Page and write something about me when I was doing Susannah Conway’s blogging course - but I got cold feet.

So thank you, Nina, for nudging me to take the first step and come out from behind my words.

My husband took this photo on my 60th Birthday last year in South West France. We had just spent a marvellous few hours with some Moroccan Barbary Ape families in a protected park outside Rocamadour. I was having a wonderful time and we stopped in the cafe to have a Magnum in the shade....

I don’t like seeing photos of me now... but because this one has happy associations it just about feels OK to put it on.....if I look at it sideways....

Mind you it’s a lot better than the one I nearly took this morning while a dear friend and I were playing around with the camera on my new iPad - she was showing me how to use it and I was so shocked by the close up from the underneath of my neck and chin that filled the screen that I felt the need to lie down in a darkened room with a bag of smelling salts....

Or at least have another slice of her luscious Sicillian orange and honey cake with a slick of creme fraiche and the inspired accompaniment of a spoonful of her bitter orange marmalade....

Detox diet? What diet?


5 comments:

  1. Ah, brilliant, thank you Trish, you're really pretty, and yes you do look happy in this photo. I know what you mean about the ipad photos, I have some frightening mac-book ones. In fact they are so bad they are quite funny, I might even share some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina.....that's a great idea to share the scary photos - a way to diffuse any precious held illusions about how we look! I may not be there yet though! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. I know too just what you mean about scary photos. My sixtieth birthday VERY soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I didn't mean that the above picture is scary - far from it. It's delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dear Belinda - Happy very soon 60th! XX

    ReplyDelete