Friday 17 May 2013

A Safe Haven


I love the free gift of this clematis tumbling over our fence from next door's garden ending up right by the back door. It's also the safe haven for a pair of black birds building their nest in the dark shelter of the dense foliage and twiggy mass of the honeysuckle...


I’ve tried writing my day three times and not getting anywhere - no fresh words coming...so here is the poem I read this morning and which has stayed with me all day....whispering to me that there is always another way of seeing...

The Place Where We Are Right
by Yehuda Amichai
From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.
The place where we are right
Is hard and trampled
Like a yard.
But doubts and loves
Dig up the world
Like a mole, a plough.
And a whisper will be heard in the place
Where the ruined
House once stood.

I like this quote too from Gerald  G Jampolsky's book, Forgiveness The Greatest Healer Of All
which I'm reading in the mornings to try and stop the noise in my head when I wake up -  like diving into a safe haven of truth...
Forgiveness is letting go of all hopes for a better past.




No comments:

Post a Comment