Friday 5 April 2013

The Colour of Daisy Yellow


5th April 2013

I’m glad I cleaned the front door before my visitor came. She said the yellowness of it made her cheerful. It is a very bright daisy yellow and especially friendly when the sun shines which it was this morning.

She sat in the big arm chair in our sitting room with a cup of black coffee - I bathed in its aroma while I drank my black roibosh tea - and helped me to fill in a form to claim some money. It’s a wonderful scheme for carers called Take a Break - you have to spend it on yourself on things like having a massage or going away for the weekend or doing a painting course. You have to be able to say that your caring role affects your physical and emotional and mental health to make the claim. I wasn’t sure but my visitor -  who looks after many carers  - said of course it does and I should send off the form straight away.

Later I asked my husband to drive me toTKMAXX via our health food shop called Healthy Pulses and then on to The Range. After many long and repeated explanations - he does know all those shops but doesn’t retain their names or locations for more than seconds - he took all the right turns and we got there easily. 

But it makes me wonder how it’ll be for him - and me - when we have to find our way to Wellingotn or Milford Sound or Te Anau where neither of us has been. At least all the signs are in English in New Zealand and they drive on the same side of the road as us....

And I’ve got time to practise my new resolution to TRUST - the colour of happiness, the colour of daisy yellow....


No comments:

Post a Comment