Thursday 18 April 2013

Mushroom and Magnolia




www.binhamgrange.co.uk/

16th April 2013

We are sitting at a beautifully laid table in a sixteenth century farmhouse with the sun pouring in and a log fire in the hearth, tucking into fresh fruit salad and granola. In the end I give up trying to find ways to describe a mushroom and we both decide it’s best to wait till my my husband’s cooked breakfast arrives. As soon as he sees the glistening slices next to the poached eggs and the grilled tomatoes he’ll say,

Oh, that’s a mushroom.

A bit later he’ll say - I know it starts with M ....it’s not mayonnaise is it?

Today each and every mushroom moment feels like mountain climbing with the summit forever disappearing behind clouds....

On the other hand, yesterday I slept in the most comfortable bed ever, ate the best warm and tender scones ever and was gifted with a view of the most wonderful Magnolia tree in full bloom outside our bedroom window and felt nourished in luxury.

I can wholeheartedly recommend dinner bed and breakfast at Binham Grange on the edges of Exmoor in North Somerset for a dip into indulgence and pampering....



No comments:

Post a Comment