Monday 15 April 2013

Grateful for Orange Peppers



Raw Cashew Dreamcake - mynewroots.org (on my rose plate)




My husband comes back from the healthfood shop and Waitrose. He buys everything on the list..... except the peppers are orange not red ( They are red, he says)..... and the oats are large not small because he doesn’t know what jumbo means..... and the sunflower seeds are the small, expensive packets from Waitrose not the big bag from the healthfood shop ( I thought I’d said) .

I’m cross, he’s upset - little boy upset. I feel mortified and guilty. I say sorry sorry....

Moral of story - be specifc, much much more specific.... assume nothing....... give up attachment to colour of peppers and size of oats....... take three gigantic breaths before opening mouth and before opening shopping bag.....forgive self for over-reacting.... start taking care of needy little girl inside me, afraid of getting it wrong, desperate for approval..... stop worrying about money in the future......be much much more grateful for husband going shopping anyway when I don't have time/inclination....... and that he can still drive......and that we have such a benediction of love and support in our lives.....

And this weekend I was so grateful to be in the company of my cousin whose cancer is in remission for now and he doesn’t need sticks to walk. He and his partner are vegan to support his healing..... this was the dessert I made for them and my sisters and brother-in-law on Saturday......with the addition of some orange zest (of course) and more raspberries than in the recipe. Thank you Sarah Britton at mynewroots for Raw Cashew Dreamcake.

I’m so grateful.

                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment