Friday 19 April 2013

Friday Afternoon


Buds at Dunster Castle...


 Eggy Picnic  - you can't see how windy it was....


Don't know the name but love it....


Camellia


More Magnolias



I’m sitting in my friend’s hot car with her brown and white spotted pointer dog being very well behaved in the back.  She has brought me back to my car after our walk and lunch ( warm barley salad - with rocket and silky mushrooms) at the Boston Tea Party in Honiton and we are hovering in the car park - reluctant to end our conversation. When my mobile rings it’s my husband to say the electrician has arrived to mend the hob - thank goodness.

Last night my husband let the poached eggs boil over and then I flooded the top by trying to get the burnt on sticky stuff off the rings.....water seeped into the electrics  - all the downstairs plugs fused... 

I’m so grateful to our lovely electrician who turned up when he was supposed to have Friday afternoon off and be fitting his water butts at home. I was feeling twitchy about the thought of not being able to cook all weekend.....not be able to steam the greens or stir fry the veggies - a mainstay of my day....

Even though all is well in the kitchen now when it came time to make supper I was overwhelmed by tiredness and a sneaky I don’t feel like it thought took over....so I asked my husband to go out and bring us back fish and chips.....





No comments:

Post a Comment