Monday 22 April 2013

Expired Inspired


Burgh Island, Bigbury on Sea where we walked in heavenly sunshine on Saturday with my cousins....and where we spent the night of our 20th Wedding Anniversary when we believed life would only get better....


Seaweed on the beach where we ate our picnic lunch.....



Last night's supper - haddock from the market fishmonger - packed with fishy flavour.....


A quick supper this evening as my husband is going to sing in his choir. We sit opposite each other - I  always face the garden and have a view of long armed daffodils in their pots and the green cupped heads of my birthday tulips showing delicate slits of red petticoat petals. We are eating a mushroom and prawn omlette except it might as well just be a mushroom one as the prawns have no flavour at all. The price of trying to save money on food. I knew it was a mistake.

My husband says, referring to his choir,

I hope I’ll be expired tonight.

I hope you won’t, I say.

I don’t mean that, what do I mean?

Inspired. Otherwise you’d be dead, I say.

I’m not ready for that, he says.

Me neither.


No comments:

Post a Comment