Monday 1 April 2013

A Cold Easter Monday







We plan to do gardening today - cut the hedge, weed the allotment  - but can’t face it when stepping outside I feel the raw cut of the wind on my skin.

We head for the sea instead. Lyme Regis is throng with Easter Monday crowds - queues straggling out of our favourite cafe -  so we end up sharing our vegetable and chick pea pasties with the seagulls on the sloping pebble beach, our backs to the icy wind.

Walking back following the sound of the river, we stop to pick wild garlic leaves which make the car smell all the way home and I decide to add them to a lemony dressing for our supper of grilled salmon fillets and spring greens. I find I’m craving fresh green things after this weekend’s birthday cakes and chocolates and my husband’s dwindling stash of biscuits.

At home I light the gas fire in the sitting room and we play a game of scrabble. I win by one point - but the score doesn't matter - it's extraordinary to me that my husband plays at all  - he looks up every word, mostly doesn't know what they mean -  but it's something we do together....to pass the time.  

I’m feeling ready to start our detox diet tomorrow, but not sure how I’m going to keep warm without the comfort of tea....which is only a thought.....I could start to really like black Roibosh if I drink enough of it.....



No comments:

Post a Comment