Monday 25 February 2013

Moons


4am moon last night....


when I couldn't sleep....


like daylight in the bedroom...


cooked clementine moons in the kitchen tonight....


 leek moons from the allotment.....



My husband is feeling fat. I bought him new jeans last week - his usual size. They are too tight - he has difficulty breathing at our friends’ party on Friday night. Me too. We discuss a weight loss plan. Cut out butter and bread and sugar - all those biscuits after supper. Eat lots of veggies and fish instead. Walk more briskly.

Easy - I make us clean green juices for breakfast which turn the colour of aubergines with the addition of beetroots.
We have poached eggs on a heap of courgettes, leeks and spinach for supper, a pile of pink prawns next to a salad of sharp green leaves and cucumber cubes for lunch.

My husband allows himself a few paper thin almond biscuits. A banana for me.

We walk by the sea, icy winds numbing my lips. We walk in the woods in snow flurries, silent, side by side, my head bowed against the bleakness, missing the views.

I think I can do it -  till I  start baking this afternoon... I lick the chocolate brownie spoon and then scrape out the bowl of the clementine cake and dip a finger into the orange and lime ice cream......and all resolution melts away like meagre snowfall on bare soil.

Luckily the fridge is still full of purple sprouting broccoli and mushrooms and tomorrow is another day  - my chance to make different choices.....



No comments:

Post a Comment