Sunday 3 February 2013

Lying


Quiche before....


Quiche after....


Sunset last night.....

3rd February 2013

This afternoon I want to cook more than anything else in the world.

I wonder at this thing in me  - this pull to bake a cake when we don’t need one - urgent as  answering a ringing phone.....grateful too.

Not a cake today but a tart  - melting soft leeks and onions, woody chesnut mushrooms, a creamy egg custard speckled with black pepper and fresh coriander, Cheddar cheese bubbling bronze on top....and we do need supper.

When I’m cooking and absorbed like this I can forget that although we have hot water and radiators tonight it’s only temporary ( I can make the pressure go back up by pulling 2 levers) - masking the fact that there is a massive leak somewhere and the boiler is failing......lying about it’s true worth...

like I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment