Thursday 21 February 2013

Green Goodness and Daffodils






From the landing window, in the quiet early hours this morning I glimpsed for a second a nearly whole moon in a silver sky. I stood for a long time with my camera waiting for it to show itself again. But the clouds galloped across it like speeding horses and scooped it up in balloon of parachute silk..... 

I’m going to bed too late these days... never wake refreshed and rested - they sound like words from once upon a time fairy tale.....

Wind full of razor blade ice slows me down in the market stall where I rummage through boxes of spinach and curly kale with my gloves on.....and fill my French basket with green goodness and daffodils...

I like it that the young man who washes my hair checks with me if the pressure on my scalp is right. It is - I can’t bear a wishy washy head massage.....

I like it that the young woman who cuts my hair doesn’t talk a lot and discusses the length of my fringe in a serious way -  as if it could bring about world peace....

Roast potatoes tonight remind me I can make any day special....and not take anything for granted .......like my husband’s hugs....





No comments:

Post a Comment