Monday 21 January 2013

Weekend Snapshots







21st January 2013

Some moments from the last three days -  in pictures as I’m too tired for good words tonight and too stiff from yoga this morning to sit for long at my desk....

Brunch in our favourite cafe - the homemade marmalade a bit too runny though....

Wish I knew what this beautiful bird was - fishing in the estuary mud - maybe a plover .....

I wore this hat that a dear friend knitted for me  - pulled over my ears against icy wind blowing off the water...

Saturday afternoon making more Seville orange marmalade filling the kitchen with sweet citrus steam....ending up with nine gleaming jars.....

Our supper tonight -Roasted Root Veggies Frittata from Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall’s Veg book - I added a soft white moon of buffalo Mozarella and spring onions too - lovely with ruby chard.....

No photo of my resolution to give up trying to control my husband’s consumption of ginger nut biscuits which I deem high....nought out of ten today. Much better to look at where I feel out of control instead.....except then I’d have to change - face my own demons...





No comments:

Post a Comment