Tuesday 22 January 2013

See-Saw In The Snow




Tonight I’m feeling of gratitude for..... 

the chiropodist and her beautiul elegant fingers who filed away the seed corns on the soles of my feet and told me I didn’t need to have another operation on the curvy nails of my second toes - I could have kissed her....

the gentle dentist who even though he filled my mouth with novacaine and replaced three of my fillings which meant I couldn’t eat for five hours, is looking after my teeth which seem to be getting longer.....

the lovely man who came and sat in our sitting room for an hour and a half and talked to us about his work and vision to change the perception out there in the world of people with dementia....offering my husband the chance be part of that change... he said he loved his weird and wonderful ceramics too....he’s at innovationsindementia.org.uk

for getting a tiny insight into my biscuit control dilema thing with my husband and then losing it again and making him wrong but knowing it’s an access to something about me - still out of my reach.....forgiving and unforgiving like a see-saw in the snow -  freezing and melting all day....


And I’m so grateful I don’t have to try and get to work or school tomorrow in this blanket of snow and ice sweeping our country tonight.....just as far as the offices of that wonderful organistion Age UK who are being a lifeline for people like us.... 

who are staring dementia in the face....looking behind the mask, looking beyond the label.......still screaming though every NO....








No comments:

Post a Comment