Wednesday 16 January 2013

Detour



16th January 2013

Walking up a steep very muddy lane at Parke, on the edge of Dartmoor, we pass by these sheep. They don’t notice the way the sun streams behind the clouds.

After our very nice lunch at the cafe I notcie how the smell of cooking fumes lingers in my new coat. Food I didn’t even eat.

In the car driving home we continue our word journey - the one that goes in circles, the one with no destination, the one that looks like a detour but is the main road now.....

It goes like this. I say,

What are you going to make in your ceramics class this afternoon?

I don’t know.

How about a gnome or a gargoyle or a green man?

What’s that?

And so I set off on the bumpy path with my heart in tatters ....each word needing its own long story....like these ones - 

Leprechaun.....iconic....Jimminy Cricket....Walt Disney....puppet. And later on omlette....bleach....lavatory........chimpanzee.....Osama Bin Laden.....

I read today that believing we are separate from each other is a 'detour into fear'....


No comments:

Post a Comment