Wednesday 12 December 2012

Hope I Got It Right


12th December 2012 Wednesday

12 /12/2012    Looks like a magical configuration of numbers....

I forget to seek out magic today and lie low nursing my sore throat and don’t make much headway on the Christmas card front. As my husband is going out anyway to his ceramics class he takes the cards to be posted to Canada and New Zealand and Switzerland. Even though I could send emails instead, Christmas cards are such a familiar ritual that I don’t want to give them up. But maybe I will next year when I’m stretching the pennies....

My husband signs the cards but I have to remind him who everyone is - sometimes it takes a long time.... ‘Where’s Middlesex?‘  ‘What’s Brigadier?‘ ‘They live in London? Are you sure?’

We haven’t spent much time together today, even our ten minute soup lunch is snatched between appointments.  I thank him for doing a wonderful job hoovering the stairs and mopping the floors. He says, ‘I hope I got it right.’  Breaking my heart....

After our grilled salmon, leek and cabbage supper he counts up the calories and says he still has 75 left. I know a flapjack is much more than that, and it would be stretching the limits of our ‘fasting’ day but I say have it anyway. I savoured two illicit squares of very dark chocolate this afternoon so I’ve already gone into the f*** it zone.....


No comments:

Post a Comment