Monday 29 October 2012

Wading Through Treacle


29th October 2012 Monday

Hard to write tonight  - because although the clock says it’s 10 my body knows it’s 11 and I’ve been running out of steam since 4  - wading through the afternoon like a zombie in treacle.... I think my SAD winter self has crept up on me .....my energy slowly draining away with the fading of the light.... 

Lovely to feel the stretch in my tight calf muscles in our yoga class this morning.....even better when we lie back on our mats at the end and it’s all over....at least I don't start snoring like I did last time.....

 In my coaching session feel sad for the loss of my fiesty younger self who used to play with the boys next door, always outside in the hot garden, who played netball and swam in galas, who wanted to win....think something happened to her when my brother was sent away to school in England.....can’t remember the last time I felt fiesty.....

My husband comes back from the allotment with a monster of a parsnip and I add it - or some of it - to a golden rooty vegetable stew I’m making with carrots, jerusalem artichokes and a white skinned squash spiked up with ginger and garlic....

I can hardly keep my eyes open for Nigella doing her Italian thing on telly including a not at all Italian recipe for chocolate pasta in a butterscotch sauce with toasted pecans, which I do perk up for....

And as I write this ordinariness of my day I try and imagine what it must be like to be in New York  tonight withe Hurricane Sandy hurtling through the streets.....

No comments:

Post a Comment