Wednesday 3 October 2012

Last Blog For A While


3rd October 2012 Wednesday

This morning  while we are still in bed and  I mention Father Christmas my husband says ‘Who’s that?’
Red coat/white beard/ reindeer/sleigh/chimney - all mean nothing to him.... I was thinking it would be good to have an iphone or an ipad  then I could show him a picture then and there without having to get out of bed......

I notice water dripping down the wall in the utility room just next to the pussy cat’s bed. The plastic roof has sprung another leak. I phone our lovely builder who says he can’t come till tomorrow.

Last minute holiday shopping - I pick up body cream instead of shampoo in exactly the same bottle and don’t discover till I get home. I buy jeans - why does going up a size make me feel a failure?

My husband pricks a kilo of sloes with the tines of a fork and makes three kilner jars of sloe gin the colour of bruises.

My sister helps me decide which paint colour to choose for the bedroom - Fern Frost. Later, over our mushroom omlette supper, my husband says he’d like to be involved in the decisons about things like the new curtains - at least feel consulted. His brain disease doesn’t mean he doesn’t have opinions. Our concepts of togetherness are wildly different.

I sit with the pussy cat on the kitchen floor while our lovely animal healer does her magic from afar. When he stands up I notice he’s limping, won’t put his weight on his back leg. We drive to the vet. One of his toes is very sore but the vet can’t see what’s wrong. He gives him a pain killer injection.

Later I call our healer and she says she worked on every part of the pussy cat's body even to the tip of his tail as he’s in a such a fragile state. I am trusting he’ll last till we come back from holiday.

The fridge is nearly empty. My suitcase isn’t packed. All the pictures are off the walls in the bedroom. Last blog for a while - I’m planning to be diverted by all things French for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment