Tuesday 2 October 2012

A Miracle


2nd October 2012  Tuesday

I can’t get an appointment with my own GP so I see another doctor - he looks about 15. At the end of the session, after he has noticed my hands are blue with cold and given me a print out for Reynaud’s Syndrome, he asks me how is everything else. I tell him about my husband. He’s so sweet and sympathetic that I nearly burst into tears. He says he did a placement with our Neurologist and offers me support through the surgery. I think they must be training doctors better now.....

Another letter from the DWP. It’s such a wierd system. We send in evidence for the third time - three more letters from our wonderful medical team -  to the Courts and Tribunal service for my husband’s appeal, and get a response from the DWP saying that as my husband can manage his bathroom needs, can use a computer, attends a ceramics class, sings in a choir and tends an allotment he must be capable of working. 

I wonder what he can do though as a job. Today he asked me what cat litter is. We bought some in Sainsbury’s or in Shakespeare as he calls it. And a large seed tray in Homebase. 

It seems to be working as there is no pussy cat pee on the floor today -  a little miracle.

But then I have been praying for one....

No comments:

Post a Comment