Thursday 27 September 2012

Running Away


27th September 2012 Thursday

This turned out to be our freebies anniversary.

This morning two free cups of coffee at Debenhams because we had to wait to get new batteries fitted in my watch. Coffee horrible but views of the Cathedral and beyond from the top floor were spectacular.

Two free cinema tickets for ‘Hope Springs’ with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones because we renewed our membership at the Exeter Picture House. Marvellous performances by both of them -  moving, touching, poignant. Story easy for my husband to follow.

Tonight two meals for the price of one at Bella Italia because my sister sent us a voucher. Pizzas light and crisp, my chocolate pud a bit too chocolately but luckily they brought two spoons so my husband helped me out.

The film sparked our conversation about marriage and intimacy. He wants more togetherness, has more time, doesn’t want to interrupt my busy busy life.......makes me feel sad about how we got to this point.....he says he felt we were more together when he was working even though we probably spent less time together. I liked it when he was working.

Not sure what I’m running away from so hard.... something in me that's for sure .....but I probably won’t find out till I stop still and look....and forgive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment