Friday 21 September 2012

Listening for Bubbles


21st September 2012

We stay a long time in the bath tonight carrying on a conversation we started with a dear friend this afternoon. He’s learning about NVC - Non Violent Communucation - we practice listening to each other - how different it is to be heard with no judgement, no interruption, no suggestion, no advice. How easy and how hard that it is.....

I see how not listening though, not paying attention to the one you love, is a kind of violence.....against both of you.

I say to my husband,

I want you to use the word ‘I ‘not ‘you’ and talk about your experience and not the theory of  stuff because I want to be more connected to you.

He says he’ll try.

And that’s the sound of champagne bubbles popping in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment