Thursday 20 September 2012

A Flying Visit


20th September 2012 Thursday

Because I’m going to be 60 soon and on Saturday some of my dear family are giving me a birthday  lunch - I’ve been thinking of how to thank them and let them know what a joy they are and have been all my life. They are both the joined cupped hands and the water they hold - sustaining me always and forever. So I’ve started writing them a letter.

Which means that today I have been unsettled by visiting that country of my past -  remembering so much and also forgetting so much  -  like the chronology of my life - like when did those first lines appear round my eyes? I find a black and white photo of myself when I was about sixteen with a smooth chubby face and my hair a curtain down my back and even white teeth....but with only a few droplets of experience in my rucksack... I’m so glad I’m not that girl any more....

It’s not good to linger too long there - in the past - which luckily is gone. So it was only a flying visit and I’m grateful to spend tonight in the company of dear friends -  my other extended family -  meditating in a room full of love and healing and music.  With the prospect of my homemade carrot cake and tea for afters..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment