Wednesday 22 August 2012

Random Summer Moments


22nd August 2012 Wednesday

Random moments from today....

I’m wandering the isles of B&Q looking for a new shower head.  I’m distracted by lovely luminous wall tiles and dream about re-vamping the bathroom which is getting tired and tatty....

I finish reading ‘The Ten Things to Do WhenYour Life Falls Apart” by Daphne Rose Kingma. One chapter is about simplyfying your life. She says ‘What are 10 things you could get rid of immediately? I can think of a few.  And  ‘Can you commit to getting rid of 10 things every week?’ Yes.....

All the recent photographs on my computer get in a horrible muddle when I try and burn them onto a CD.
Photos - definitely something to de-clutter....

I was going to tackle the ironing pile but instead watch the contestants on Celebrity Master Chef make a bit of a hash of their Tart Tatins ......

This evening while the sun shines onto the kitchen counter and the wind whisks the tea towels off the rails, I  cook Tomatoes and Beans and Garlic  - my favourite  Mediterranean summer standby recipe - using purple and lime green allotment beans. I roast aubergines and peppers too - trying to empty the fridge for going away on Friday for a week......

My husband is sad tonight. He couldn’t understand the film we tried to watch. I found the strong Southern American accents hard to follow as well but he disappears into a spiral of loss....

At lunch today he said that sometimes he feels criticised in my blog but doesn’t want me to stop writing it......so I feel sad I’ve hurt his feelings.....


No comments:

Post a Comment