Monday 23 July 2012

Free In The Midst Of Suffering


23rd July 2012 Monday
Summer drifted in today on a clean blue sky while I sat with five gorgeous women, on a long bench in a cafe garden scented with mint and marjoram.
Later I arranged for the vet to come and put the pussy cat to sleep on Thursday afternoon.
Luckily I changed my mind and cancelled the appointment. I couldn’t have gone through with it anyway. My sister-in-law in Fiji emailed me. She knows from a deep and compassionate place about how animals die and their wisdom in their own passing which isn’t in our hands - unless they are in real distress. And how it is possible for us to be free or peaceful in the midst of ‘apparent’ suffering...
Which is what the pussy cat is trying to teach me in his wise, courageous way. If only I would trust and listen.....

No comments:

Post a Comment