Friday 22 June 2012

Wooden Soul Spoon


22nd June 2012 Friday
The hob blows a fuse in the middle of my cooking demo. Luckily the cooker still works  so I bake the sweet potato bubble and squeak without the squeak, turn the sesame stir fry into a courgette salad with a very improvised ginger and coconut dressing and we can only look longingly into the pan of raw chopped up broccoli, curly kale and peas waiting for their fried garlic sauce which will never happen.....
My friends are wonderful  - they see the funny side and make helpful suggestions and even find me an electrician who comes and fixes the cooker. Which is fortunate because I find it almost impossible to imagine even a day without the comfort of a wooden spoon in my hand -  stirring a pan of something hot and savoury on top of the hob. Swirling my heart and soul together.....keeping trouble at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment