Monday 23 April 2012

Sweet As Forgiveness


23rd April 2012 Monday
Good to be home - I’ve been in that hothouse world of a conference in a hotel for three days with my dear sisters and 200 other people. Fulfilled a long held dream to hear Marianne Williamson speak. We sat in the front row and I felt her heart’s passion wash into to the room. At the book-signing afterwards I thought she looked fragile and sad - it must be hard to maintain her reputation of being ‘among the fifty most influential people of her generation’  as it said in the programme.
And I feel so grateful for the other speakers too, especially Robert Holden for reminding me about forgiveness.....how to forgive myself....like this afternoon when I let my irritation with my husband, sitting at the kitchen table feeling lost and depressed, boil over and burn him -  and then me....the pain in his eyes....the agony of my guilt......and then taking it back knowing nothing is wrong.....making amends....
Now he’s out singing in his choir, raindrops are spraying my window, a big pan of gingery, garlicky veggies is simmering on the stove downstairs, and curling smoke from an incense stick is wafting across my desk -  sweet as forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment